Senior Software Developer
Community Health Group is a locally based non-profit health plan that ensures access to high quality, culturally sensitive health care for underserved communities throughout San Diego County. We treat our 300-member, multi-lingual staff like family, encouraging an atmosphere of collaborative teamwork, continuous learning, personal growth, and promotion from within. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in San Diego, CHG offers its employees such benefits as tuition reimbursement, a meditation room and yoga classes, a monthly Breakfast With The CEO, and memorable events throughout the year.
We know that by serving our employees well, they, in turn, will better serve our nearly 300,000+ membership. We have been recognized consistently for the excellence and sensitivity of our customer service by members, physicians, vendors, and a full range of health care providers. We are accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance and proud of our continuing company-wide Quality Initiatives.
We are currently recruiting for:
Senior Software Developer
We are currently seeking a motivated Senior Software Developer who wants to make a difference in the lives of our members. The successful candidate will develop database-driven Health Care web applications and EDI systems to help us guarantee that our members have access to the health care services they need. Since our work directly effects the experience our members have when they enroll with us, we look for talented individuals who will provide the highest quality of work.
- Maintain an upbeat attitude and a commitment to working as a team to solve problems.
- Develop EDI processes to transform and store data to support business objectives.
- Create web applications to provide services to members, doctors, and our own administrative staff.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues within existing systems.
- Lead staff in the adoption of new technologies and adherence to best practices.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Good communication skills, and experience working with teams.
- ASP.net Web Development, using C# and 3rd party control libraries.
- SQL Server, including Integration Services (SSIS), and Reporting Services (SSRS).
- T-SQL / Stored Procedures.
- 5 years of related experience.
Expertise in the following areas is not required but preferred:
- Some knowledge of the ASP.Net MVC framework
- Experience with EDI systems analysis and design.
- Health care data systems such as Diamond or QNXT.
- Knowledge of the X12 transactions sets 837I, 837P, 820, 834, 835.
- Minimum 30 lb. lifting.
May be required to work evenings and/or weekends.
COMPLIANCE WITH REGULATIONS:
Works closely with all departments necessary to ensure that the processes, programs and services are accomplished in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with CHG policies and procedures and in compliance with applicable state and federal regulations including CMS and/or Medicare Part D and Special Needs Plan (SNP).